I love being frugal. Or at-least the idea of ‘frugal’. I envision a minimalist life with a home that’s free of ‘things’. (Um.. don’t open the fridge please. I succumbed to the demon that COSTCO is and now have food and groceries to last me for a year. Bah!)
Anyway with makeup I am determined to be disciplined. Less wasteful. I absolutely do NOT need 4 red lipsticks, 3 black mascaras and 5 shades of a pink blush. You might, I don’t!
So I decided to hit the Refresh button as I was packing up Hong Kong to move to the US.
I purged a lot of my makeup then but even now I think I have too much. Too much for someone who is too lazy to wear makeup. A moisturised, SPFed face is what’s on when I get out the door. So the makeup just sits and sits, and then gets thrown away because it gets too old. What a waste!
ENOUGH! I watched these brilliant ‘Pan the Palette‘ videos on YouTube and decided I am going to do just that. ‘Hit pan’ or finish that makeup before I buy anymore. And more importantly for me, before it goes off.
So I am starting with this.
1. Bobbi Brown Eye Brightener in Peach. I love it. It brightens beautifully and at a pinch doubles up as an under eye concealer.
2. Z Palette with 3 Benefit blushes and the Hoola Bronzer. I sometimes use the blushes as eye shadow. The Coralista blush looks really nice. Subtle and nice.
3. Charlotte Tilbury Full Fat Lashes and Colour Chameleon in Amber Haze. These two are amongst some of my most FAV makeup items. The tragedy is they are both drying out so I might have to chuck them before finishing it.
4.Estee Lauder lipstick palette (the bright pink also doubles up as a cream blush)
5. Ugh I need to use this one because I spent good money on this, but I think it’s rubbish. The Bobbi Brown Extra Illuminating Moisture balm (read review here). While it’s really hydrating, in-order to cut out the unnatural crazy golden sheen I use it with….
6. Stila One Step Correct serum. I love it by itself but definitely over the Bobbi Brown Illuminating balm.
7. MAC conceal and contour palette in Medium. The concealer is perfect for my NC40 skintone but unfortunately the contour colours are too warm, orangey-red undertones, but I can make it work with Hoola over it.
(5,6 & 7 are only on more special occasions like an evening out or sumtin’.)
Wish me luck !