Vitamin C is a must in my skincare regimen and the Drunk Elephant C-Firma Day Serum and their C Tango Multivitamin Eye cream are fast becoming staples on my vanity. I want to raise a glass….a post to the C Tango Multivitamin Eye cream today.
Now I am an eye cream junkie and always on the hunt for the best cocktail of ingredients. Packaging plays a big part too because I subscribe to the Paula Begoun school of thought of ‘ jars are bad’ 🙂 so pumps or tubes only.
Hydration and strengthening the skin around the eye is key for me. I am not looking for magic formulas for bags, lines and dark circles.
My bags and lines I will set aside for the surgeon’s knife 🙂 and dark circles? Jeez there a 101 factors that affect dark circles and while a basic goodnight’s sleep eludes me I will hire correctors and concealers to work for me!
Now I worry about about waxing eloquent about skincare products because it takes time to show results. Also many factors affect the efficacy of a product. How I am applying it, when I am applying, how often and the other products I am using in conjunction with it. Not to mention health, hormones and skin type. Anyway here goes;
I watched Tiffany Masterson’s interview on Caroline Hirons’ channel and it got me interested in C Tango Multivitamin Eye cream.
The vitamin C is a plus for me ofcourse, but I also like the hefty list of ‘frees’ especially silicones because I really, really, really, really do not like the feel of silicone on my skin.
I really enjoy this cream. It has a thick consistency and I use half a pump (a fat rice grain size) for each eye. I tap it in first and then lightly massage my eyes around the orbital bone.
I have had no reactions to this formula, however I DO know some beauty vloggers did get an adverse reaction to this so please do check them out. Puffin’s Wife & Just Buy The Makeup are the two I remember. Andrea Mattilano ? I can’t remember whether she had a reaction or not, but she reviewed it too.
Before trying the Drunk Elephant eye cream I would have probably re-purchased a previous staple of mine, the Kate Sommerville Line Release eye cream (read post here), or the Estee Lauder one that I tried and loved (read review here). But I like price and the ingredients in the Drunk Elephant C Tango so the others so that is here to stay.
The C Tango Multivitamin Eye cream ingredient list, more details available at http://www.drunkelephant.com/products/c-tango-multivitamin-eye-cream
– power 5c vitamin complex: a complex of five forms of vitamin c work together to brighten uneven tone and firm.
– 8 peptide blend: eight peptides with the power to rebuild, strengthen and improve the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
– cucumber: antioxidant-rich, non-sensitizing plant extract.
– superoxide dismutase: an essential enzyme naturally present in skin, superoxide dismutase is one of the most powerful neutralizers of aging free radicals.
– hesperidin methyl chalcone: a potent flavonoid that helps reduce the appearance of aging under the eyes.
– ubiquinone: supplies coenzyme q10, a vital antioxidant that decreases with age, and has been shown to reduce the depth of fine lines and wrinkles.
– vitamin e: a powerful and absorbable vitamin that boosts skin’s environmental defenses and helps preserve its natural lipid balance